Become a Childminder Early Educator
Start a home early education business
“Want to become a childminder educator but you are unsure about running your own business?
We provide full step-by-step support and training to set up a business in 2 – 3 months. We also help you with marketing to find parents looking for childcare. Once registered, your income could be typically £25k – £35k per annum, depending on your business capacity, and you will continue to receive on-going support and training as a member of our professional community.
And it is all free if you are 100% genuinely wanting a career helping young children to learn and develop in a safe home environment!
With our 15 years-experience of supporting and training educators to work in the early years, you know you are in safe hands.
View our Ofsted report here!
Join our family community to register as an educator with @Home Childcare
Setting up an early education business to care for children at home is rewarding, lucrative and valued career. Best of all, high quality childcare can make a positive difference to the lives of children!
Our full start-up support and training service includes all of the following:
- Initial home visit to check your home and provide advice
- Step-by-step business planning including home learning coursework
- 4 days of pre-registration training (face2face) and some online training Paediatric First
- Aid (subject to certain conditions) Food Safety
- A toolkit with essential policies/procedures, consent forms, contracts etc
- Telephone & email support with the registration process
- Profile webpage to help you find parents interested in childcare
- Registration inspection, a 3 – 4 hours visit to your home
- Final registration certificate: you are an educator!
Our Ofsted inspection states
“Childminders choose to register with the agency because of the quality of the package that is in place to support their business development and their work as a childcare provider.”
But, don’t take our word for it!
Listen to what some of our educators, some who have been registered with us for 5 years, have to say about what it means to be a member of our community.
We are in Nottinghamshire, Derby, Leicestershire, Sheffield, Birmingham, Bristol and Swindon.
*Funded training is not available in Birmingham, Swindon and Wiltshire areas.
Just in case you’ve got these FAQs in mind…..
We fund most of the cost of setting up your business. The only fees you have to pay for are:
- £15 for our Minder in Mind, our stage 1 training. This online course provides information about the role and responsibilities, childminding legislation and the registration process to ensure you are making an informed decision about becoming a childminder. It also includes a personalised telephone question & answer session.
- Your suitability checks fees
- A small contribution towards our registration process
That’s it! The rest of your business start-up is completely free. We fund the start-up training and support to enable you to set up your business. We also provide free on-going training, support and regulation once you are registered.
The on-going service is also free! Once registered, you will benefit from our full support service which includes a personal mentor to provide guidance and support, regular training, continuous marketing of your business, annual inspections, legislation updates, continuous regulation, plus loads more!
It’s simple! We want to help more people to provide nurturing, stimulating home early learning environments in their own homes. As a community interest company, we have a social mission to remove the barriers that prevent suitable, capable people from registering as childminder educators. That’s why we fund your start-up to help you launch your business and reach parents looking for childcare.
It is essentially a business-to-business service as we give you continuous support, training and regulation, thus enabling you to provide a Good, and in some cases, Outstanding childcare service. We pay you to deliver this service, and our unfunded costs and on-going overheads are paid by parents using your childcare service. Your hourly/day rate is not affected by our fee to parents.
Our educators come from a range of different backgrounds and careers such as: teaching assistants, social work, nursing, retail, HR, nursery professionals, elderly care, as well as parents and grandparents.
The ideal person is someone who:
- Loves being with children; you get a buzz from helping them learn and develop
- Happy to provide care in your own home and can create a nurturing, safe place for children to thrive
- Would love to do something for yourself; you like the idea of having a childcare business at home, but would rather have the full support of an expert company who can provide everything-under-one-roof service to help you grow and develop, and where you can meet other like-minded people
- Understand working as an educator in your own home can be isolating. Rather than go it alone, you prefer to come under the ‘community’ umbrella of a company who are only a telephone call away.
- Understand early years is the most important stage in a child’s life where high quality childcare can enrich children lives and have a positive impact that lasts a lifetime
- Understand good levels of English and Maths are essential for delivering the early years curriculum and running a business
Absolutely, we are simply here to act as your ‘back-office’ support with helping to find parents to use your service, enrolling parents, fee collection, dealing with parents who do not pay, administering early education funding and lots more. You remain in charge of your business including parents/children you wish to work with, your opening hours, the structure of your day, the kind of activities you offer etc. We encourage you to brand your business by giving it a name so that it reflects your personal values and ethos.
As an Ofsted community, we also have a duty to provide support and regulation to enable you to provide the best possible service you can. That’s why we give you a personal mentor and provide on-going training and annual inspections. It’s a no-brainer in several ways as you obtain expert guidance and training to build a thriving childcare business, whilst being a member of a professional community who are always here for you.
Childminding can be a lucrative career if it is set up and implemented as a professional business. Your earnings can be anything from £25k – £35k/£40k, depending on your location, availability, demand for childcare in your area, how you use the early education funding, your occupancy of children, the ages of the children and range of childcare services you provide. We help you to find parents looking for childcare by providing marketing assistance, enabling you to have good numbers of children on roll. We take care of your balance sheet by making sure parents continually pay your fees.
Have a question for us?
If you have a question about anything, big or small, no matter what it is, we’d love to hear from you! Just press the button below, fill out the form and a member of our team will get back to you as soon as we can.